Tuesday, August 12, 2025

100 miles of summer

At the beginning of my summer break, I was reading the Liahona and stumbled upon a story of President Kimball. This part of the story struck a chord deep within me:  

As was the case with President Kimball, reaching for and achieving a challenging goal at a young age can bring feelings of confidence and satisfaction to serve us throughout life.

While pondering on what challenging goal I could do, I decided to make a goal to walk 100 miles during my summer break from work. It took a lot of early mornings (the only way to walk for an hour when daytime temps were in the 100's), and a lot of pushing deep for motivation. This past Saturday I made it to 100 miles. I'm proud and a bit amazed. It feels good to accomplish something that seemed to be too challenging in the beginning. 






No comments: