Saturday, February 3, 2024

My new job

I feel so grateful, I started a new job this week! I work with 5 other women making high quality (expensive) yogurt. 

It's really fun to work in a commercial kitchen. There are so many expensive pieces of equipment. The kitchen even has a walk in refrigerator.  I've learned a lot about cross contamination. We have to be very  careful not to mix dishes without completely sanitizing them. We also have to be very careful when we are using any kind of coconut flavorings because so many people have severe nut allergies. Here is me on my first day of work. 

Since we are stirring and mixing all day long it's easy to get dirty. So, I don't have to wear fancy clothes. It's so nice. I think my favorite part of the job is seeing the milk delivered from the dairy (from that mornings milking), and then seeing yogurt made a few hours later. It's very satisfying. 

No comments: