Sunday, June 11, 2023

Great Grandma Ramona

Recently, I've been working on a lot of projects related to my maternal great-grandmother. I think I feel an deep connection to her because I knew her, and loved her deeply. She was a great lover of flowers and I think part of the reason I love flowers so much is because of her. A few months ago my great-aunt allowed me to borrow Great-Grandmas recipes. I used my scanner to scan them into my computer. I then uploaded them into FamilySearch so my entire extended family can appreciate and enjoy them. It was such an amazing project to work on. 

I have slowly been trying to making her recipes. It's been a lot of fun. Sometimes steps are skipped or the recipe name is missing. It's always a great adventure to try and figure out if I'm making the recipe correctly. This month I made one, of the many, bread recipes she had. It is such a yummy recipe! I've never known a bread recipe to include molasses, but my neighbor said it's a pretty common ingredient. I guess I'm just ignorant. Anyway, here is the recipe and the finished product. I only wish Great-Gma was here so she could tell me if I made it the right way.




No comments: