Sunday, January 1, 2023

Sick for Christmas

This year we drew the short end of the straw and ended up sick for the Christmas holiday. In the end it doesn't matter how we got it, but I'm pretty sure it is/was Influenza A. I haven't been that sick for a while and the boys haven't been that sick for a really long time, maybe ever. Luke is finally getting around and acting fairly normal. He has been sick for a today. Peter is still in the midst of it. He started feeling achy and having a sore throat on Monday. I'm afraid he has a bit longer before he starts to improve. Anyway, it hasn't been very fun. The one thing I am very thankful for are bedrooms that the boys don't mind living in. They also have Rex and Otis to look at, respectively, when they get tired of sleeping and playing their electronic devices. I am also thankful for fizzy drinks (EmergenC) and ibuprofen.

Boys were here for Christmas Eve and with Brandon for Christmas Day. I did manage to tell the nativity story. Since I had finished the Book of Mormon that day, I added a twist to the story. Here is the plot twist: 

Moroni 10:4

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I then bore my testimony to my boys. As I was finishing, Luke said, "I believe in Jesus Christ too". It was a very tender moment for me. I am so thankful for it.

Since Luke has been really sick it took effort for him to share his testimony. Peter was out in the hall not wanting to get contaminated with sick germs, so I'm not sure how he felt about this moment. I have hope that it touched his heart.


No comments: