Monday, November 21, 2022

Thanks #21

Today was such a nice homeschool day and I am thankful. A friend needed to come at 11:30 to cry on my shoulder a little bit, and I was glad I was able to be here for her. She is going though some rough medical problems and she has even gone so far as made a final down payment on her funeral arrangement. It's physically and emotionally hard to see her so miserable.

The boys and I am thankful for Google Translate and Wikipedia. Today in biology, the boys had a great time looking up the scientific names for Otis and Rex. They then took their Latin names and translated them into many other languages. The house was rocking with laughter with that part of the assignment. On Wikipedia we were also able to get these - cool huh! Couldn't have done that in the 90's when I was a homeschool student. 



We also found out Rex has the potential to grow 5-9 more inches. Yikes! He is currently 21" long. When I hold him, he feels like a very long snake. Otis will only grow another 3".

I am also thankful for FHE. It's been hard to do it. Tonight I was committed to having a nice FHE lesson about the new Strength of Youth guideline booklet. The boys and I had a great discussion. We even made it through half of the booklet before kids started to have a crazy fit of giggles (it all started when Peter started to tickle the bottom of my foot). Sadly, I had to do all the songs solo and say all the prayers, but maybe eventually the boys will agree to help out a bit.

No comments: