Sunday, October 2, 2022

During General Conference

At one moment, while watching General Conference, Peter mentioned that it would be so cool if you were in the choir. That way you could go back in time and watch your younger self sing during General Conference.

Well, I had the chance to sing during the General Young Women Meeting the Saturday before General Conference in March of 1996. It was an opportunity that I can't believe happened to me. We practiced for weeks and weeks. It was especially fun because my sister Amy, plus our two friends Sindy and Sariah, were all able to participate. 

I even managed to find myself on YouTube. Here is the proof. In the first video you can find me at 1:27. In the second video I am at 1:44. Hint....I am the one with the very long hair in the pink dress.




I have always known that we have a Latter-day Prophet, but being able to sing about him while he was so close gave me the most incredible spiritual confirmation of that truth. I will never be able to deny what I felt that day. My favorite General Authority is also Jeffery R. Holland. As we were getting ready to preform he gave us a "pep" talk in the assembly room underneath the tabernacle. He then took the time to shake each of our hands. It was such an incredible experience.   


No comments: