In China, it's a common thing to have noodles and eggs for breakfast. I'm not sure if they eat the egg scrambled, like this, or hard boiled. Regardless, I tried it last week and I'm in love. It is so delicious! The noodles are just so satisfying that early in the morning and the eggs are so healthy. The Chinese also eat tomatoes with this meal which I will do once I have some tomatoes from our garden.
Peter wanted to make a light saber for this tinker project in March. He did a great job with it. All I had to do was buy the duct tape. He has quite the skills. He also used the left over duct tape to create three masks (two for himself and one for Luke). He really does love to create things with duct tape.
I recently found a really yummy recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. The one thing that makes it even better is that the boys will both eat these cookies (a rare event for them to both like something). Peter decided he wanted to try making these cookies by himself one afternoon. He thought he would double the recipe so we could have tons.....but he neglected to read the recipe carefully and instead of 2/3 teaspoon baking soda he put in 2/3 cup of baking soda. Thankfully, he did read the part about mixing the wet ingredients separately. So, all was not lost. A valuable lesson learned on the importance of reading carefully. I love that Peter is getting into cooking.
Luke recently learned about volcanoes in science. We got a kit at Christmas time from a kind neighbor and we were able to build our own volcano. The worst part was waiting for it to dry. I love it because we can, and will, use it over and over again. We had a wonderful time making it explode. It was even awesome watching it bubble once the major explosion was over.
The kit also came with pumice and a geode which we broke open. It was fun to teach Luke (once again) about geodes and how they are created.
In our geography box this month we learned about the country of Kenya. Peter was super thrilled about it because he had recently watched the Black Panther Movie (Wakanda Forever) which takes place in Africa. He happily sat for an hour and made this cool bracelet. Each color has a different meaning. For example:
Red - Strength and Bravery
Yellow - Hospitality and Kindness
Green - Healthy and Energy
Purple - Grit and Determination
Blue - Wealth and Good Luck
Lastly, the Provo City Library had an art exhibit that looked delightful. Funny enough, it was my cousin in Idaho who recommended we go. So, the boys and I went and enjoyed it. It wasn't too long which was good for the kids. I could have stayed there for a long longer. It was all about the happy dreams of a young girl. Fairies and lanterns and mystical magical things under the sea. This was Luke's favorite picture.
Peter just really enjoyed watching the movie on how all the pictures were made (I'm sensing a common theme with that boy).











No comments:
Post a Comment