Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Decorating for Christmas

This year was epic. November 12th we started to decorate the house for Christmas. I started with all the decorations first and then we put up the tree last. It has been so much fun to have it up. It brings a bit more cheer and happiness to our days. My favorite thing will always be reading by the light of the Christmas tree.

This year Aunt Lisa bought us a new tree. It is smaller and more full than the one we had for the past several years. I love it. Peter helped hand Luke the decorations for the tree. It was so much fun to see them doing it. I was in charge of the lights and the red Christmas bow at the top. I just love it so much.


Most years, Bran would read me A Christmas Carol during the holiday season. We never got around to it last year, but I am trying to read it to the boys. We've been doing it for nearly two weeks and we are only on page 12. They aren't that into it. Not sure if I should plow ahead or give up. Motherhood is tricky like that - you never know if what you are doing is helpful or not. 

A week or so we also got an email from Peter's former teacher from Westside - Mrs. Hermann. She wanted to share with us a fun Christmas reading countdown. It was so thoughtful for her to do. We have started filling it in already. I'm enough of a realist to know that we won't get it all filled out on the correct days. We are having fun with it. 

 

No comments: