I just finished teaching a Level 4 class. One particular student stayed after class to talk to me. He asked me if I lived in America. Then, he asked me how the pandemic was.....his mother was right beside him helping him with the words.
It appeared that he had a script he was reading to me. I think it was a homework assignment. He said something like this....in China everything is almost normal. The cinema is open, traffic is flowing, restaurants are open, people are coming out of their houses.
All I could do was cry and type so his mother could read to him. He gave me so much hope. If their nation can make it through, I know we will too. It's the little things that mean so much. I really hope I didn't upset him with my crying. I was so very, very moved by his sharing this news with me.
Also, I am in the middle of switching out my background. Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment