Tuesday, December 10, 2019

My special gift

Long ago I stumbled upon a blog (fatmumslim.com.au) written by this fabulous lady in Australia. She loves to snap pictures and has a photo a day list every month. 

However, every November she organizes a massive gift exchange between loving people all over the world. She has 4 different groups - USA only, Europe only, worldwide, and kids. 

This is the second year I've participated. She uses a 3rd party website (elfster.com) that keeps track of everyone's addresses. Plus she requires a $5 donation to a charity of her choosing to make sure you are fully invested in this exchange.

This year I sent my pacakge to a Mom of two athletic teenagers in Washington State. I received my package from a Mom of two boys in Arizona. I received it almost 3 weeks ago. 

I knew I would open it early. When I had a quiet moment yesterday I sat down and slowly opened and treasured all the gifts inside.

I loved the cactus and desert theme that my elf used. Once she didn't know is that we are coming to her area of Arizona soon. It was like a pretrip welcome to her beautiful state.

I was particularly amazed that she sent this ornament. She obviously knows what religion I belong to. The cool thing is that this ornament will remind me of Grandpa Burr. We are planning to go visit the cemetary where he is buried. I never met him.when he was alive (at least that I can remember).

The rest of the presseies were amazing too. The chap stick is desert fig and walnut. It smells so delicious and I just want to eat it! My elf also must have seen I love toffee and coconut because she sent me coconut toffee. Super good. I ate those so fast.

No comments: