Over the past year Brandon has really gotten into walking and hiking. Some weekends he goes and covers 8 miles or more. I love that it's made me more motivated to get up into the mountains that are so close to us. Last week I found an amazing hike in Draper that included walking across a suspension bridge. So, even though I am majorly afraid of heights we decided to go and enjoy. The boys always complain at the beginning of the hikes, and most of the time Luke complains the entire way.
I loved seeing the wildflowers and the wild mushrooms. The path was wonderful because it was so well maintained. There were even a few mountain bikers going along it too.
Every time we stopped for a break we would see this amazing view. It was thrilling and a little bit scary too. It was the perfect day to go with fluffy white clouds all around.
On the way back down Luke was as happy as a clam. He was zooming down that mountainside even faster than Peter and I could go. It was thrilling to see him excited about taking charge and finding happiness in the outdoors. I am working on both of those things with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment