Friday, April 12, 2019

Luke glasses part #2

So the glasses frames that Luke wanted were back ordered. Sadly, they weren't even given a date on when those frames might be available. So, back to the eye doctor we went to pick out different ones. Hopefully this time they will come in and be perfect for him.


After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, his glasses finally came in. He looks so adorable in them. It's taken him a bit longer to get used to them, but it is going well. He is obsessed with reading the Magic treehouse books right now. I am trying to keep up with his library requests for them. I try and check 4 or 5 of these short chapter books out for him every few days. 

Also, today Luke took a the DIBELS state reading test. It's a test that all 2nd grade kids take. I decided it would be good for my kids to experience tests this year and it was his first time ever taking one. He did it online so I was able to eavesdrop on the other side of the office door while he was doing it. His teacher told him that he was a "reading genius". I was inwardly so grateful. I have been quite discourage with school this past semester and her words were a reminder that I am a worthwhile teacher. I think Luke is reading near a 4th grade level because he and Peter are both reading the same "school reading book" right now. His love for stories makes me so happy. At night I am reading them the Sassafras twins book about Botony and Brandon is reading us Book #1 of the Rangers Apprentice. I hope family book reading time will always be a treasured memory for both my boys. 





No comments: