Monday, August 13, 2018

Eye Problems

A month ago I went to the eye doctor because my eyes have been hurting so much when I wear my contacts. Also, for about 2 years I've dealt with eye discharge that has been annoying. After an exam the doc said I had probably developed an intolerance for my specific lens type.

So, he ordered a different kind of lenses (Accuve Oasis) and a week later I went to pick them up. I wore them for a week and nothing was improving. Hum....I wasn't too disappointed because this brand of contact is expensive. I went back and he said we would try a different brand. This time it was a monthly contact which he had me try for just a week. After a week, I was still struggling. It felt like I had a strand of hair under my left eyelid. Nothing would help. I would add eye drops multiple times a day, plus wear gooey eye ointment at night. Still didn't feel any improvement.

This past Monday I went back for a checkup and explained that nothing was improving. I asked him if it was possible to get ulcers under the eyelid because that's what it felt like. He peeked under my eyelid (not a fun experience) and said there was stuff going on.

Turns out I have giant papillary conjunctivitis. Ewwww! After getting home and looking up pictures I understood why my eyes were hurting like they were. Dr. prescribed some very expensive eye drops ($77 with insurance) and said to come back in a week. He thinks it will be all cleared up and I can go back to wearing contacts. I'm really hoping so because my self-esteem can't handle wearing glasses for much longer.

No comments: