Monday, June 25, 2018

Hiking a mountain

I've never been a hiker. I never enjoyed the exercise, heat, dirt, and fear of wild animals. Recently though, I've turned over a new leaf. I've decided hiking is awesome. The journeys discovered on way, are often better then the final destination.

A friend and I recently decided to venture together on a path neither of us had hiked. We hiked for a solid two hours. It was incredible!  It was refreshing to just talk, talk, and talk some more without children interrupting and complaining.




June in Utah means cottonwood. Amazingly, it didn't bother me, and it looked just like snow. Super pretty.


This trail was fabulous because the majority of it was in the shade. I took a hat so I wouldn't get sun burnt, but I didn't even need it. We followed magical streams all the way up the trail. If I was a fairy, I would live beside those streams. It was absolutely stunning. Whenever I go on trails like this, I imagine being a Native American riding a horse thru these areas. I wonder where I would have hunted, stopped to eat berries, made a stream crossing, or even camped for the night. 


I think this spot would have made a fabulous sleeping area.

Becky and I are both excited to go try this hike again. I would have loved getting to the end. I think another hour or so would have gotten us there. Perhaps next time I'll also bring water shoes for the wet stream bed areas. 

No comments: