Monday, April 2, 2018

A new job?

Every week the boys and I travel to UVU to attend a homeschool PE class. My heart loves that school so much, and I miss being there as often as we used too. I wish, with all my heart, that someday Brandon will work there again. But if not, I'm going to work there once the boys are grown.


This past Friday, I saw an employee I used to know when I worked at UVU. It made the longing in my heart even worse. I came home dreaming of the day when the boys were out of the house and I could go back to working outside our home.

Rewind a few days. We went to this local store and saw a flyer that they were hiring.

Later that night, I told Brandon that maybe it would be fun to have a part-time job. One that I could do in the evenings and on Saturdays. However, I couldn't seriously contemplate the idea until summer was over due because of our vacation plans.

Then, a day or so later, a homeschool Mom posted information about amazon hiring customer service reps that could work from home! It was like the universe kept bugging me about getting a job. Sadly, that one required that you live in a specific state and the hours were in the middle of the day (when we do the bulk of our school). Ugh.


Guess that job isn't going to happen anytime soon. Then, just three night ago I had a dream. It was about my new job. I can't remember where I worked, but it was a dream that caused me a lot of anxiety, panic, and worry. For some reason, I was working full time while Brandon was also at work. So, my boys were home alone. I was freaking out and I couldn't get out of the building to go home.

I was also trying to get work related things done, but my legs wouldn't move. It was the most frustrating feeling ever.  At one point in my dream, I also ended up cutting off three of my fingers and I needed to get to the hospital. But, they wouldn't let me out of the building, and I kept dropping the severed digits. I remember wanting to sit down and bawl, but I was too worried about my fingers so I just kept trying to run to different external doors.

Needless to say, I've made the decision to NOT get a job any time soon. The Universe will just have to wait until the boys are on missions/have moved out of the house. After all, my fingers are at risk.

1 comment:

Alli said...

it's hard to work and take care of kids. You will know when it's time to go back to work if that's what you want. :)