Friday, December 1, 2017

Our Pet


Sometimes you do something that you never imagined doing. Yep, almost two weeks ago we got this little fellow. He is a blue tongued Merauke skink. It all happened so quickly, but I know it was meant to be. I mentioned to Brandon that I thought it might be time to look into a family pet. This was late on a Thursday night. On Friday & Saturday Brandon did a lot of intense research on the kind of pet that would be best for us. On Sunday, after church, we drove up to West Valley City and picked this guy up. He is 20 inches long and should grow about another foot before he is full grown. His name is Rex.

He has been absolutely fabulous. He eats veggies and canned chicken. He also likes blueberries and we've heard he can also eat dog food. He only eats twice a week and he loves to snuggle. It's been so much fun to see Brandon excited about this pet. He even built a special tile platform so that he can bask under his heating lamp. Rex is already a super spoiled lizard.

No comments: