Friday, November 17, 2017

When the Teacher gets sick

Mid-week I was slammed with the flu. Body aches and constant chills were the worst part of this sickness. It caught me completely unawares, and there were so many commitments that had to be renigged on.

Reality is, when I get this sick school doesn't happen. Wednesday I spent the entire day in my bed. Boys happily played with each other along with lots of video game playing, and TV show watching. I think they ate goldfish crackers for both breakfast and lunch. No gymnastics for Peter that afternoon. I couldn't even stand up long enough for a shower.

Thursday was better and I got a shower in. I managed a few hours of feeling decent, so I gathered up our school books and my bedroom became our classroom.

Friday was an even better day and we got through most of our work (sorry, spelling. I tried so hard to get to you). Even though I felt much better it was still fun to snuggle under warm blankets while we learned about Galileo and how he used telescopes to study night skies. Although I consider our school week a failure, I cherish the time I got to slow down, rest, and just listen to everything happening around me.

I always come away with a profound sense of gratitude after being sick. I feel so blessed to have a healthy and strong body that can do almost everything I ask it to do.

 

No comments: