Today was the annual Homeschool Day at This is the Place State Park. Months ago I asked Brandon if he thought he could get the day off. So, we all went up the Salt Lake City together. We arrived at the park just after it opened (10am). Sadly, the wind up there was awful!!! I bet it was blowing around 30 mph. Little kids were having a hard time walking in it. We went inside the visitors center to try and figure out if it would be worth staying. We got a few pictures, but in the end we decided all the wind + contacts would make for a terrible morning. So......
We drove for a little ways to the State Capital and explored around it. Unbeliveablly, we had a great time. They have a scavenger hunt for kids that was some to do. Here are the highlights of the trip.
I'm so glad our ruined day at the pioneer village didn't end up to be a completely ruined day. I heard from a friend that they had all the really fun exhibits/stores closes at the village anyway, so that made me double thankful we didn't pay the money to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment