I pretty much have two fears. The first is heights - hate them, always will. The second is driving in Salt Lake County. I even hate driving up there when Brandon is driving the car. But, I finally decided it was time to go up and meet all the people that work with Brandon. I had heard so many funny stories about them, or things that happened to them that I wanted to know what they all looked like. So, the boys and I took a day and went up.
Admittedly, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. We also made it up there in just under an hour. The boys loved eating at Papa's little table and I just enjoyed being up there with him. He is my favorite person to be with. The people we met were so, very nice (but it still made me miss our UVU coworker friends) and they crowded around the boys like they had never seen children before. It was hilarious.
We made many promises to come back for another visit soon. The boys also really enjoyed their chips there, so Peter got vacuum duty. Then we went on a little walk outside before leaving. The boys were thrilled that they had the sprinklers on. The grounds crew were preparing the sprinklers for winter. Both boys got a bit wet, laughed a whole lot, and had lots of student gawking at them. But, it made for a great memory and I can't wait to go back. Picnics with Papa are one of my favorite things to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment