I've been thinking recently about sin, especially in regards to the things I believe in as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's been on my mind due to some things that have happened to people I know.
Once upon a time, a long-long time ago I was also asked to serve a large organization of women and I came to this same conclusion while I helped some of those women. The vast majority of people already know that when they sin, they are doing something wrong. When other people call them out on their sin it is like rubbing salt into a wound that is already very painful. So, in the vast majority of instances I choose to love the person instead of focusing on the sin.
After all, if the Savior was standing beside me, I know he would be doing the same thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment