Last week, for our science lesson, we learned about the life cycle of butterflies. I bought a butterfly kit and we will have live caterpillars arriving soon, but in the mean time I thought it would be fun if we could go out and find our own caterpillar eggs. I did a whole lot of research online to find the right habit, and then we ventured out. Luckily there is this spot right by our home that is the perfect "home" for butterflies.
After quite a bit of searching, and destroying some milk weed plants, we finally found two eggs. If everything goes right, they will hatch within a week. We put them in a container with a paper towel and then we have to keep the paper towel moist until they hatch.
The boys are pretty excited about having our own butterflies. They even decided to pretend they were hatching out of cocoons.
No comments:
Post a Comment