Monday, June 27, 2016

Visiting Papa at work

I am relearning the lesson of not taking anything for granted. This building is where Brandon works at UVU. He has been working for the purchasing department at UVU for the past 10 years. Five of those years have been in this office building. In fact, his office is the small window at the top right of this picture. When they were designing this building he knew that would be his office, so he made some adjustments to it to facilitate the biggest possible space. It is a beautiful office, with loads of natural light coming from windows on the north and west side.

Anyway, I digress a bit. Earlier this month, he applied for a job at SLCC for the position of director. The director there is retiring after decades of working there. Brandon knew he would be the perfect fit, and a chance like this in his industry rarely happens. So, he applied, interview, 2nd interviewed, and was offered the position. We are awaiting the official salary offer right now. He will start on August 16th.

I am so very sad about the entire change. While I am happy that Brandon will have a chance to spread his wings as a director, I am experiencing extreme grief at having to leave this place. We have grown so close to many of Brandon's employees, and the office almost seems an extension of our home. We often go to visit Papa at work, and we try and take picnic lunches there too. It will be difficult when it comes time to say his final good-byes. The boys will be especially sad when we have to return the ipad Brandon uses for work. They have gotten very attached to that electronic device.




No comments: