Our day started smoothly and it just continued to be smooth. I had a list of things that needed to be done, and by the time Bekah came at 10am most of them were done. Then at 11:20 we all (Peter, Brandon, Bekah, and I) walked over to Mrs. Kristie's to pick up Luke. He was excited to see us.
As soon as we got home we had a prayer with the boys and off we went. We left home right about 11:40pm and we were to the airport right around 1pm (despite getting off at the wrong exit and taking the long way to get there). We dropped the car off in long-term parking and then got on the shuttle that took us over. Two of the four people in the shuttle with us had been to London. It was fun to get their opinion about things.
Our flight to St. Paul started loading at 2:30pm so we didn't have very much time to waste. I got myself a simple turkey club sandwitch since I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. Brandon had gotten himself a turkey wrap earlier in the day.
Our flight to St Paul was a little over two hours and it went by very smoothly. We had about 1.5 hours to chill at that airport before our flight left. We had a chance to find a nice restaurant and sit down and enjoy a slow meal. I ordered a Cobb salad - it was so amazing! It also felt so good to drink as much water as I wanted to. I think I had 3 tall glasses full. Needless to say, I had to go potty a bazillion times before our flight left.
Our flight started boarding at just after 9pm and we were ready to take off around 9:30 (instead of the 10:03 that was listed on our flights. I pretty much got ready to sleep on the flight in the airport (took out my contacts, put in my retainer). So, once we really started going on zoned out. Brandon said I missed the dinner that Delta served, but that was okay with me.
It was pretty difficult to sleep on the plane. I think I've pinched a nerve or something in my left shoulder, so my arm kept aching and then having prickles and tingles. It was beyond annoying. At 3am or so US time I sat and watched a movie that I have been interested in seeing. It was called Brooklyn. Before long, our flight was in England and it was now the 4th.
No comments:
Post a Comment