Wednesday, December 3, 2014
One little singing mouse
My Mom was the Primary chorister in her LDS ward when she was pregnant with me. When she was 9 months along, the ward was having their annual Primary program. I'm not sure why they were doing it in February and not October. Nevertheless, my Mom started having contractions on the day of the program and I was born the next day (Feb 25th) in the wee hours of the morning.
My Mom always would say I was born on a song because of that experience. When I was a young girl I also loved, loved, loved to sing and I would spend countless house watching my Aunt Jennifer practice singing country songs (she was famous in my eyes since one of her songs made it on the radio).
One Christmas my Mom spent many nights painting ceramics with her younger sister Heidi (sister #7 out of 12). That Christmas we were each given an ornament she had painted during those crafty nights. I have loved and treasured mine ever since. I know that music and singing will always be a large part of my life. It soothes my souls and reminds me of the love Heavenly Father has for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment