Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Doing homeschool

Some of you may know that I'm planning on homeschooling my kiddos. In order to start Peter preparing for kindergarten, I bought a cheap workbook from a local store and we've been doing sheets out of it every day. Today was a delightful day with him. He loves to do "homeschool" and today he even wanted to do two pages.

Every day when he decides he is ready, we go and get the book and cozy up on my bed. Then he sorts through the pages and decides which one he wants to do. Since I'm not worried about structure at this point, I let him pick whatever he wants. Today he picked this one. I proceeded to tell him what the instructions wanted us to do. However, I could see that it was beyond his level. So, I told him that we would work together to find out what number was and then we would have him underline it. After that, we would copy the letters exactly as they were written. He loved doing it!

If it was a letter he was unfamiliar with he would ask me to draw dots that he could trace over. After doing that for a while he decided that he wanted to figure out how to draw the letter v. As you can see, he did quite a bit of practicing. It was thrilling as a mother to see him so excited about writing. I loved it so much. While he was at it, he also learned how to draw the letter A, h, and n. I hope that he will continue to enjoy it. It's days like today that make me so thankful I was homeschooled. I'm also getting so excited to homeschool Peter. I know we are going to have so much fun.

No comments: