Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Sunday


This year Brandon and I had the chance to teach Peter's class at church on Easter Sunday. Of course, the lesson was focused on the death and resurrection of Christ. When I told all the children that it was time to color this special picture, Peter asked for a grey crayon and he drew this. When we got home we talked about his picture.  He told me that it was a picture of Jesus on the cross. Over the next several days he would frequently ask me why Jesus had to die on the cross, why they put nails in his hands and feet, and why he had a sword wound in his side. This was the first chance I'd ever had to talk with him about Jesus dying, and I found myself at a loss of words on how to describe the events without over whelming his 4 year old mind. I hope in some way he understood what I was trying to teach him.

I am thankful that Christ willing sacrificed his life for me, so that I will be able to live with him, and my family/friends again for eternity. Without that assurance, my life would be devoid of any hope and peace.

No comments: