Peter and Luke thought this one was really amazing. It is a small quilt embellished with all sorts of beads.
Peter thought this one was super neat and he wanted us to take a picture of him with it. BTW, this is his fake smile.
This one is a Halloween quilt. Enlarge it and prepare to be amazed! I would love to have a quilt like this that I could hang up every October.
Another amazing Halloween quilt. Honestly, some people are so talented!
The Tree of Life Quilt.
If you've ever been to the SMA you know what this is. If you are clueless schedule a day to go to the museum.
This quilt was also pretty amazing. I could stare at it forever (and now I can).
This is just a small part of a larger quilt depicting Emma Smith waiting for Joseph when he was getting the brass plates. Luke and Peter loved the horse in this quilt.
Yet another beautiful quilt that was so impressive.
Flower Quilts - Love them!
I love this Log Cabin Quilt. It reminds me of my own pioneer heritage.
Pretty sure this is Brigham Young, although I was too lazy to walk over to it and make sure.
Peter loved this part of the Museums sculpture garden.
This is a Moose which we had to get a picture of for my brother Alex.
Water = Fun!
In the basement of the museum they had an area where children could explore and interact with art. This picture is me trying to figure out how to make a origami chick. Sadly, my attempt didn't work out.
They had a bunch of fun blocks that the kids could play with. Peter made three big towers with all the blocks.
Luke getting super excited about the pig sculpture.
Luke loves horses!
Luke also loves birds.
He also really, really loves fish.
I was very impressed with the kids. They did a fantastic job on our first visit here. I hope we'll be able to go on a regular basis whenever they change up exhibits. It also helps that the SMA is free.
1 comment:
Fun to see photos of the quilt show. You missed my two quilts though. Oh well, maybe another year when I actually have time to get more done.
Post a Comment