Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peter and Baby Luke


Early in this pregnancy, I decided to involve Peter as much as possible with the growth of this new baby. Peter and I talk about baby Luke a zillion times a day. I'm excited that Luke is now big enough that Peter can feel him moving around inside of me. During Christmas, Peter kept asking me when he could hold Luke. It was the cutest thing ever. I tried to explain to him that it would just be a few more weeks before baby Luke would come out, but he would always look so confused when I said that.

Then, Brandon decided that Peter might understand the concept a little better if we made a visual representation of a few weeks. So, we make a paper count-down chain. Peter has completely enjoyed taking off a slip of paper each night after prayers and scriptures. Having this visual representation also helps me to realize how quickly this kid will be here. Needless to say, we are all excited that Luke will be here soon. We're just counting down the days....literally.

6 comments:

Kaeloni said...

That is such a good idea! I love it! Can't wait to see the little guy! Hang in there and let me know if I can do anything for you!

nora.lakehurst said...

How fun. And you know it isnt bad to have him have his own "baby". When Logan was born Ethan had a dolly he would carry and "nurse" when I would. It helped him. Also have him be a part of helping you change his diapers and fix up the diaper bag before leaving helps. Also when baby sleeps make sure you get a book or something to color with him and let Peter know he is still special. Anyways have fun and I cant wait to see your cute little one.

Unknown said...

what a cute idea!! I love it :)

Alli said...

So darling! We are excited too! :) Can't wait to hold him!!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Good suggestions Nora. Thanks bunches.

Erica said...

Fun! Maybe I should do that too. 5 more weeks seems like forever before we leave.