Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pure delight

Late this afternoon I received a knock on my door. When I opened the door I was delightfully surprised to see a sister from my ward standing there with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The first thing I thought was: "oh, no, who has passed away now". You see, we had one wonderful person pass away last Sunday and another one pass away this morning. So, death and funerals have been on my mind a lot lately.

However, she was just bringing them by to let me know that she thinks I'm awesome. Wow, I was so happy I practically started bawling right then and there. You see, today has been a "bad" day for me. I just wish I could heal everyone's pain and suffering. Since most of the time I can't I just get down and discouraged. Today the discouragement hit a high point, but thankfully there are wonderful people who help me to realize that sometimes I'm the one that needs the most help. Thank you 'B' for your wonderful friendship and caring attitude for your RS Pres. She really needed some happiness today and you knew just what she needed to make herself 'normal' again.

4 comments:

Kaeloni said...

how sweet! Sorry things have been kinda bad lately! I hope things get better and stay better! And you are doing a great job!

Alli said...

that's so sweet.. it made me cry!! Keep up the good work.. I think we all need to be reminded sometimes of how important our life is to other's! :)

Lisa said...

Oh, that is awesome! You really are invaluable Lar! We all treasure the impact you make on our lives! <3

Katrina said...

So glad someone was able to make your day better, since that's all you go around doing every day for everyone else!

Who else passed away this week? (we are out of town and I haven't heard about the 2nd person)... hope all is well. See you Sunday!