Monday, May 4, 2009

Serving with a smile


Bran, Peter, and I get the chance to go over to the church this coming Saturday and clean it. It's been such a long time since I've cleaned a church.

When I was younger I remember Dad taking Amy, Lisa, and I to our church house one Saturday to clean it. I remember being so happy about getting my chance to do something to help make the church a more beautiful place. I remember carefully cleaning the chalkboards, making sure the rooms didn't need to be vacuumed, and cleaning the mirrors in the bathrooms.

When I got to be a young adult I also had many opportunities to go over and clean the church. This time it was awesome to go with my sisters too. What an awesome opportunity to serve in a very humble way. I am excited to take Peter over there and start teaching him at a young age the importance of keeping the church clean. Come join us if you can for a wonderful teaching/serving opportunity. We'll be at the church at 9:30am this Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome! Good luck w/ the cleaning! Thanks for reminding me of the fun memories as a kiddo!

-Lisa

idieh.trebbyl said...

Hmm cleaning never sounded so fun to me

Andrea said...

Cute blog! Hey it is good to hear from you. How are you guys doing? Your sons in adorable.