Sunday, March 1, 2009

My wonderful day

Ah, finally a moment to sit down and share all the wonderful things about my b-day. Baby is sleeping, dishes are done, and hubby is in the bathroom. Everything is right with the world.

Peter was the first one to wish me happy birthday and to give me a glorious present. He slept in an extra hour and a half which gave me 90 precious moments to straighten the house, start laundry, work on dishes, and even post a blog. It was absolutely glorious.

Then my SIL Allison met me at my favorite restaurant (Chuck-A-Rama) for lunch. We had such a blast eating as much food as we wanted and chatting away. It was such a lot of fun. When I had to run to the restroom to change Peter's diapers all the old ladies cooed over Peter. As a mother it was a proud moment.



Then when I got home the kitchen and living room were full of streamers and signs that said Happy Birthday. Apparently Brandon had come home for lunch and decorated. I was so surprised and happy.


After a delicious dinner of cheesy potato soup Brandon took me to the nearest Cold Stone Ice cream Shop to get my free birthday treat. Yummy! I loved every delicious bite of my chocolate cup with gummy bears (yep, I love gummy bears and could eat them all day if I had enough). After our ice cream we drove up and around the Mt. Timp. temple. It was so nice to reflect on all the blessings the Lord has given to me. It is especially awesome to be a Mom. At times I feel sad that I'm SO old and only have one kiddo, but then I remember what a blessing it is to have just one. Peter is so much fun and he is teaching me every day to be a better person.

It seems like my birthday celebration has continued to stretch throughout the rest of the week. On Thursday Peter and I went for a walk and while I was trying to navigate the stroller through a door a nice young kid held the door open for me. That really made my day. Then on Friday we went down to my parents and watched a movie with them, my sis, and younger bro. to celebrate. We all ate tons of popcorn and twizzlers and had a marvelous time. I highly recommend the movie Finding Neverland. Spending time with my family was greato!

This year having a birthday wasn't discouraging, depressing, or a downer and I'm so glad. I have so much to be grateful for - especially all you wonderful friends that sent me birthday greetings. You are SO AWESOME and you made my day so special too.

Luvs to you all.
-Laurie Ann

3 comments:

Alli said...

AAAA you are so sweet! So glad you had a wonderful day! :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a great B-day! You deserve it!Love yah!

Erica said...

How fun! Cold stone is my favorite! I'm so glad you had a wonderfuly birthday!